Real dogs. Real owners. Making a Real Difference.
Hosted by San Diego Pittie Parents and their canine companions, Pitties in the Park will feature family-friendly fun for humans and animals alike. All proceeds to benefit San Diego Pittie Parents 501(c)(3) Non-profit Organization.
This free event has been planned for multiple species, ages, and breeds, with activities to include:
- Adoption Alley: Local dog rescue and shelter organizations will be attending to help families take the first steps towards finding a new best friend; amongst dozens of dogs that will be available for adoption
- Vendor Village: Featuring many opportunities to support local vendors and event sponsors.
- Prizes and Giveaways: Several chances to win great prizes and giveaways, including Opportunity Drawing, Silent Auction, and Pitties in the Park Bingo
- Microchip Services: On-site microchipping provided by Paws 4 Shots, and San Diego Humane Society
- Low Cost Vaccines: Heart Worm Screenings, preventative flea, tick and heartworm products offered by Paws 4 Shots
- Tasty Treats: Local food trucks providing delicious treats for people and pets
- Live Music: Farm Truck Band to play live at the show, stay tuned for show times
- HOWL-A-Ween Costume Contest: Dress up your pups in style and enter our costume contest for a chance to win great prizes and trophies and to meet our celebrity judges
- Mini Pet Photography: on site sessions available
- Pit Bull Kissing Booth: Featuring adopt-a-bulls and puppies from local rescues
- And much more, including plenty of opportunities to win PRIZES
Pitties in the Park was created to celebrate National Pit Bull Awareness Day, a nationwide event started in 2007 to educate and improve the image of the American Pit Bull Terrier. The goal of Pitties in the Park is to raise awareness about the San Diego Pit Bull community and educate the public on responsible pet ownership. Proceeds from the event will be used to fund upcoming Spay/Neuter and educational events.
WHEN: Sunday, October 15th 2017
12pm to 5pm PST
WHERE: Preble Field, Liberty Station
2455 Cushing Rd., San Diego, 92106
About San Diego Pittie Parents: Founded in 2014, San Diego Pittie Parents is a 501 (c)(3) Nonprofit Organization that focuses on education, awareness and bringing together local responsible pet owners and citizens of the community. We strive to portray bully breeds in a positive light by helping members and their dogs become Pit Bull Ambassadors within the community. We create joint fundraising events with local rescue groups and provide education, training, socialization and support for dogs and their owners. All breeds are welcome!
Restrictions: No retractable leashes permitted and all dogs attending must be spayed or neutered and up to date on vaccinations, including rabies, to attend.