Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. (Sept. 25, 2012) – This Thursday, September 27th, marks the kick-off of Helen Woodward Animal Center’s inaugural ACES (Animal Center Education Services) International "The Business of Saving Lives" Conference, sponsored by Ark Sciences and IAMS. The three-day conference, scheduled for September 27th – 29th at the Bahia Hotel in San Diego, promises to be unlike any other animal welfare conference in the country. Providing an extensive line-up of some of the most cutting-edge speakers, thinkers and activists in the animal welfare industry today, the symposium will offer a variety of workshops teaching innovative, tangible practices and programs to increase adoptions and lower euthanasia. With brand new ways to look at aspects of animal welfare, marketing, social media, fund raising, training, and more, the conference will explore how these concepts can breathe life into adoptions programs that are outdated and killing millions of domestic animals annually.
Attendees are traveling from around the globe to attend the ACES International Conference, including dignitary guests from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), currently in the process of founding the Emirates Animal Welfare Society of Abu Dhabi. Their trip to the United States to attend the three-day conference is an important part of this effort. The signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Abu Dhabi and Helen Woodward Animal Center at the symposium’s end will mark an exciting accomplishment for the conference and a true victory for the increased numbers of lives saved throughout the world.
CELEBRITY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Keynote Speaker Jill Rappaport – NBC Today Show's award winning Animal Advocate and bestselling author,
- Krissie Newman – founder of “Rescue Ranch” and wife of NASCAR driver Ryan Newman,
- Arden Moore speaker, author, animal behavior consultant and host of award winning “Oh Behave” show on Pet Life Radio.com,
- Tamar Geller – best-selling author and founder of The Loved Dog™ method of dog training
- Steve Dale – syndicated newspaper columnist (Steve Dale’s Pet World and The Pet Minute)
- Senator Andy Dinniman – champion of “Daniel’s Law,” banning the use of gas chambers for pet euthanasia in the state of Pennsylvania