- Get on their level. Shooting from eye level lets your pet connect with the camera.
- Feature their favorites. Incorporating a cherished toy, blanket or another prop helps pets feel at ease.
- Focus on their best features. Love puppy dog eyes or kitty whiskers? Make this the focal point.
- Distraction is key. It’s no secret pets don’t love sitting still for the camera. Play with them while taking pictures to keep them engaged.
- Let their personality shine through. Be patient and avoid forced or unnatural poses.
San Diego Pets Magazine readers share their furry friends’ favorite ways to spend winter days