If you have unwanted wildlife in your yard, there are humane ways to encourage them to move on rather than using rodenticides and glue traps. Some examples:
- Don’t leave pet food outside.
- Securely cover trash cans.
- Purchase a plastic hawk or owl to deter squirrels.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper around your house or yard.
- Place soaked rags of ammonia or vinegar or spray it directly onto areas wildlife finds attractive. Reapply daily for best results and use only outdoors.
- Install floodlights to deter skunks.